Every electrical system design and building are different and need specific safeguards in place for arc flash prevention. NFPA 70E provides guidelines for meeting OSHA electrical safety standards. The NFPA 70E safety regulations are designed to minimize arc flash risks, educate, and provide maintenance to prevent equipment explosions, fire hazards, and worker injuries.
This is a comprehensive analysis of your electrical system and arc flash safety protocols to ensure your company meets all updated OSHA electrical codes and NFPA 70E regulations. An arc flash analysis or study should be performed every five years or whenever changes to your electrical system or facility are made. Some of the arc flash services provided within a study performed by our team at IBS include:
- Arc flash labels or decals with hazard identification and arc flash PPE recommendations
- Accurate one-line diagrams of your electrical system design showing the electrical pathways and hazards
- Assurance of NFPA, IEEE, and OSHA compliance
- Arc flash NFPA 70E training guidelines
- Preventive maintenance advisory
Arc flash studies can ensure your facilities are OSHA compliant but, more importantly, safe to protect your workers from injury and your property from explosive damage.